Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WHY CONTINUE TO BLOG?

WHAT MOTIVATES US TO CONTINUE TO BLOG?
It is a question that has been raised because journalists say that we are not important and unqualified. I heard it said that blogs will end soon. The ability to share our views through this mode of communication is amazing to me. As a highschool student, my teacher had told me to not even consider learning about computers because of my desire to work in the field of construction. Since an unexpected event ended my physical ability to continue in that career, my mind was turned to writing on a manual typewriter. It was discarded when I discovered my old teacher had been wrong about my ability to learn about computers. Having had no formal training, my adventure through the passed some twelve years has been by trial and error. There have been educators in my life who had discouraged me from pursuing writing poetry and computer training. Both of them had their degrees and diplomas backing up their judgements of my ability to write poetry and learn to use a computer. However, I am now a published poet and use both desktop and laptop computers. My fourth grade English teacher’s public humiliation of me in class had prevented me from being a serious writer of poetry until maybe around about 1992. Last year was when I created my first blogs. These were monumental events considering that I am the only one in my immediate family that can use a computer for more than just computer games. Writing for the sake of just filling space is not what motivates me. There are obstacles which must be dealt with that prevents me from writing as much as greatly desired Whatever my blog contains must had in the past or now so moved me that it must be included. Articles written by journalists can be correct in all the rules of English usage while not being understood by those of lesser knowledge. The blog is the communication of the writer’s personal style to the readers. In my opinion, some writer’s write articles because they have the responsibility to an employer and not to the readers. The words are as fresh as moldy bread. You can so quickly go away forgetting what you heard or read. My writing is similar like that force within the volcano which thrusts out the substances which no more can be contained. The words must usher forth from my heart through the fingers and onto my internet blog where it can be poured out with the heat of intense passion for all to see. That is what motivates me. If I read the past entries, they must have that same impact as if just the new ones. My desire is that my words just like the molten lava will leave its impact in whatever direction it flows.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home