Saturday, January 27, 2007

Universal Healthcare

Universal Healthcare
Universal health care is without a doubt the stupidest idea that has been proposed by simple minds. It has been a failure in Europe and Canada. If our America’s system of healthcare was so bad, why do so many people from other countries seek solutions to their medical problems from our physicians and medical institutions? I admit in fact that it is not perfect and has problems. However, it is much better than any other country's system. Who are the ones that think it will work? One can just look at the way it has not worked in other countries as to providing their people with timely and quality medical services. I personally have an aide whose mother had to come here for treatment instead of her own country because of the lack of medical expertise; medical equipment; great financial expense; and immediate requirement for treatment. Other countries/ economies are struggling under the expense of such an unreasonable financial burden.
I am not a lawyer or have any personal friends or relatives in that field. Therefore, I feel I can speak without bias or undue influence. Lawsuits for medical malpractice or accidents resulting in disability claims have been abused by frauds and lazy people. One former coworker of mine from about nineteen years ago had now been dead for more than ten years and without any close family ties to my knowledge. He had received a good hourly wage besides his disability check. He had been getting the check because of not being able to work. However, this disabled individual had lifted and hung one hundred and twenty five-pound sheets of dry wall and carried fifty pound boxes containing nails as well as joint compound. It amazed me how he worked being disabled. Now that I am disabled, my ability to even pick up twenty pounds with my right arm is very strenuous and not possible with my left one. Some are reasonable legal actions of victims suing for serious results by a physician or medical business. However, the costs to the good ones are not considered in the attempt to make the guilty party pay an extreme price for their actions. Therefore, the innocents suffer the injustice of unfair treatment. They have higher malpractice insurance increases that force them to take serious actions to deal with them. Some just under the huge stress just quit; limit their time; or type of procedures they are willing to preform. Who is served in the final analysis by such extreme restitution amounts? The lawyers and courts get the major portion. The lawyers proclaim it sends the message but they require huge sums for their part. It would be fair if only the guilty paid for their actions. However, insurance companies punish the good and the bad to cover the extreme financial amounts awarded in court. Everyone in the end becomes the victim except for those that are truly guilty. Do unforseen accidents happen that were not intended? Do we all make mistakes? Yes! When I had become disabled, my desire was to make the guilty pay dearly for my condition. However, they got off because of a lack of witnesses and technicalities. That allowed me to see that my desire had not taken into consideration who would have suffered for the amount of my revenge. My medical needs are paid through Federal and State programs. Therefore, my desire is to keep my needs to a minimum or reasonable amount so as too not be a greater burden to everyone else. The guilty and the innocent both pay into the insurance programs that take care of me. Why should I take advantage of the innocent and make them become victims too?
I write in the way that is my custom of speaking. I just learned that in my word processor there is a tool for grammar. For those who have been offended by my past posts as for correct grammar usage, I give you my sincere apology. My writing is from my heart. How many of us use perfect grammar when we are talking to one another?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home